Saturday, February 28, 2009

Legends #2 - Dec. 1986

sg
"Breach of Faith" by John Ostrander, Len Wein, John Byrne, and Karl Kesel.

Fresh from surviving the Crisis, the heroes of the DCU were thrown into another world-spanning crossover event, this one a little more localized--Legends.

While various heroes go through their paces, we see that The Phantom Stranger is participating, sort of:
sg
sg
Basically the Stranger will spend all of Legends hanging out with Darkseid, gabbing about good and evil, order and chaos, etc. (I don't know--if I was Superman or someone, I'd ask the Stranger if he couldn't just swallow Darkseid into his big Cloak O'Mystery and be done with it)

Still, its nice to have the Stranger dialogued by Len Wein again!


1 comment:

Jacob T. Levy said...

While I don't love Legends-- the whole turns out to be less than the sum of its parts, both in terms of the creators involved and in terms of characters/ plots-- I do like it. And I like Byrne's Stranger; Byrne's mid-80s work at DC is actually when I like his art the best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...