Thursday, November 29, 2012

Justice League Dark #14 - Jan. 2013

sg
"Enter The House of Mystery" by Jeff Lemire, Graham Nolan, and Victor Drujiniu.

I have not read Justice League Dark before, so I really have no idea what's going on in this book. It opens in Nanda Parbat, with the JLD apparently just having defeated some mystical super-baddies, like Necro and Felix Faust. Two of the team members, Zatanna and Tim Hunter, have disappeared, leaving the others--John Constantine, Deadman, and Madame Xanadu--to try and find them.


Meanwhile, Amethyst, Frankenstein, and Black Orchid are hanging out on the steps of the House of Mystery, waiting for the others to show up. They get bored and go inside--big mistake!

Back outside, Madame Xanadu tries to use her powers to find Zee and Tim, to no avail. But luckily someone is here to help:
sgsg
...To be continued, of course!

Considering the line-up of the JLD, it makes total sense that the Stranger would eventually show up. After all, this book is littered with former Phantom Stranger guest-stars like Deadman, Black Orchid, and Frankenstein! Not to mention his former squeeze Madame Xanadu. How could he not show up?

This is a fun book with nice art, and characters I generally like. Now that the Stranger is here, too, maybe I'll add Justice League Dark to my pull list.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought you'd get a kick out of this:

I'm lettering an issue of JLA (#7), and PS makes an appearance. I knew he had his own balloon style, and thought I had lettered him before, but couldn't recall when/where. A Google search led me here, where I discovered I had in fact lettered him in JLD #14. A quick trip to my archives got me the page you've posted and the balloon reference.

Thanks!

--Rob Leigh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...