Sunday, July 5, 2009

Gog #1 - Feb. 1998

sg
"The Road to Hell" by Mark Waid, Jerry Ordway, and Dennis Janke.

In the alternate(?) world of Kingdom Come, the most powerful beings in the universe are watching events unfold:
sg
I really have no idea what's going on here--the idea of trying to make a prequel/sequel to Kingdom Come makes my head hurt.

The Phantom Stranger eventually gets directly involved, handing a scroll to the young man who will become Magog. But of course, things don't go as planned, even if your the most powerful beings in the universe:
sg
Like I said, I kinda don't understand what's going on in this series, but thanks to Ordway and Janke, it sure is nice to look at!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think back when this came out, I sort of knew what was going on. As I recall, this was suppose to give us the origin of Magog from Kingdom Come via prequel. But I think this joker actually took the name Gog in this story (IIRC). While I enjoyed KC when it came it, it should have been left alone after the mini. By both Waid & Ross, IMO.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...