Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cancelled Comic Cavalcade #2 - 1978

sg
I recently got the chance to see complete copies of DC's infamous Cancelled Comic Cavalcade two-issue series (see Dial "B" for Blog's excellent summary), and I was surprised to see The Phantom Stranger makes an appearance, albeit a brief one!

Included in the second issue of CCC was the cover to Dynamic Classics #3, done by none other than Jim Aparo. DC was a reprint title that lasted all of one issue before becoming victim of the even-more-infamous DC Implosion. Presumably this issue was going to feature reprints of Archie Goodwin and Walt Simonson's Manhunter and (I'm guessing) Wein/Aparo's Phantom Stranger, which would have been an amazing combo to put between two covers. What a crying shame this book never saw print!

I keep thinking I've found the last iteration of The Phantom Stranger by the late, great Jim Aparo, and then I find another one. I can't tell you how happy that makes me.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...